1. Outbreak (noun) – a sudden breaking out or occurrence; eruption
2. Pandemic (noun) – Epidemic over a wide geographic area and affecting a large proportion of the population
3. Emerge (verb)- move out of something and come into view
4. Pathologist (noun) – An expert in the study of diseases
5. Epidemiologist (noun) – is a doctor who specializes in the patterns of diseases that spread between people.
6. Cull (verb) – to selectively kill wild animals.
7. Biodiversity (noun) – refers to the amount of diversity between different plants, animals and other species in a given habitat at a particular time.
8. Exacerbate (verb) – make (a problem, bad situation, or negative feeling) worse
9. Admonition (noun) – advice with a hint of scolding, a warning not to do something
10. Embark (verb) – to start something new, especially a journey or voyage
11. Revelation (noun) – the act of revealing or disclosing; disclosure
12. Taboo (adjective) – A descriptive term for words, objects, actions, or people that are forbidden by a group or culture. The expression comes from the religion of islanders of the South Pacific.
13. Flourish (verb) – to grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, especially as the result of a particularly favorable environment.
14. Colonize (verb)- To send a group of settlers to (a place) and establish political control over it.
15. Feat (noun) – extraordinary act or achievement, usually displaying boldness, skill, etc.
16. Perpetuate (verb) – to cause (something that should be stopped, such as a mistaken idea or a bad situation) to continue
17. Lore (noun) – a body of traditions and knowledge on a subject or held by a particular group, typically passed from person to person by word of mouth.
18. Diminutive (adjective)- smallness in size
19. Sophisticated (adjective)- altered by education,experience, etc., so as to be worldly-wise; not naïve
20. Cultural Appropriation (noun) – is the adoption or use of the elements of one culture by members of another culture.
21. Authenticate (verb) – prove or show something to be true or genuine
22. Romanticize (verb) – To make (something) seem better or more appealing than it really is.
23. Indigenous (adjective) – originating from a particular area, region, or country
24. Navigation (noun) – the act of moving on, over, or through (water, air, or land) in a ship or aircraft
25. Suffrage (noun) – the right to vote in public elections
26. Embody (verb) – express, personify, or exemplify in concrete form
27. Blunt (adjective) – abrupt in address or manner
28. Thoroughbred (noun) – A horse bred from the purest and best horses, a pure breed
29. Tenuous (adjective) – Thin or slender, like a thread
30. Segregate (verb) to require by law the separation of an ethnic, racial, or religious from the dominant majority